Find out more about France's healthcare sector in eight subject areas:
- Healthtech: A dynamic sector comprising 1,700 companies with nearly €1.8 billion in funds raised in 2019.
- Medical devices: France has many innovative startups and is Europe’s second leading market for medical devices.
- Connected healthcare: The French government is acutely aware of the importance of digital technology in the healthcare sector and so has placed it at the heart of its “Ma santé 2022” strategy.
- Healthcare in France: The country has more than 1.2 million healthcare professionals and is ranked fifth in the world for the quality of its health infrastructure.
- The silver economy: This growing sector generated revenues of €130 billion in 2020 and could lead to 300,000 net job creations.
- Medicinal products and vaccines: France is the world’s fifth largest market for medicinal products for human use and the fourth largest exporter of vaccines.
- Cancer treatment: France is a leader in cancer research; the Institut Gustave Roussy is Europe’s leading institute in the fight against cancer.
- Chronic diseases: France is renowned for its expertise and research excellence in the fight against chronic diseases such as diabetes, hepatitis and cardiovascular disease.
The series of kits all about France are intended to promote the French economy, its products and its businesses abroad. They are also available in French.