Business France has just updated its series of kits promoting French excellence in the healthcare sector.
France is renowned for the quality and excellence of its medical research and care not to mention its range of globally recognized healthcare companies across different sectors. In fact, France is the world’s fifth largest market for medicinal products for human use and the fourth largest exporter of vaccines. What’s more, it stands out for being home to 13 recipients of the Nobel prize in medicine and is involved in nearly 130 cancer research projects.
In order to manage the Covid-19 pandemic, the government has made nearly €200 million available to develop the healthcare industries and support R&D activities in France, in particular those used in intensive care services: respirators, filters respirators, closed suction systems, syringe pumps, etc. Other flagship measures have been put in place, including the use of telemedicine and the opening of an epidemiological monitoring and action coordination center, for which more than 3,800 additional healthcare personnel have been deployed. Moreover, in France all the French healthcare players are grouped together under the French Healthcare brand to contribute to the influence of French expertise internationally.
Find out more about France's healthcare sector in eight subject areas:
- Healthtech: A dynamic sector comprising 1,700 companies with nearly €1.8 billion in funds raised in 2019.
- Medical devices: France has many innovative startups and is Europe’s second leading market for medical devices.
- Connected healthcare: The French government is acutely aware of the importance of digital technology in the healthcare sector and so has placed it at the heart of its “Ma santé 2022” strategy.
- Healthcare in France: The country has more than 1.2 million healthcare professionals and is ranked fifth in the world for the quality of its health infrastructure.
- The silver economy: This growing sector generated revenues of €130 billion in 2020 and could lead to 300,000 net job creations.
- Medicinal products and vaccines: France is the world’s fifth largest market for medicinal products for human use and the fourth largest exporter of vaccines.
- Cancer treatment: France is a leader in cancer research; the Institut Gustave Roussy is Europe’s leading institute in the fight against cancer.
- Chronic diseases: France is renowned for its expertise and research excellence in the fight against chronic diseases such as diabetes, hepatitis and cardiovascular disease.
The series of kits all about France are intended to promote the French economy, its products and its businesses abroad. They are also available in French.