Data protection charter
Controller – Personal data processed
- Business France acts as the controller for the processing of personal data referred to in this chapter.
- Business France has designated a Data Protection Officer whose contact details are as follows: email@example.com
- In the context of processing of personal data, Business France collects and processes the following data: civility data, contact details, professional role of its clients, partners, providers, prospects and investors, influencers for the purpose of management of their files and of client, investors, influencers, partners, provider and prospects relation.
Purpose and legal basis of the data processing
- Business France processes data for the following purposes:
- Management of Business France’ product or services orders.
- Management of business providers directory and follow up of tenders.
- Management of prospects encountered at trade fair, forums, or contacted during the performance of a service or an event.
- Management of trade fairs, events and forums organization or co- organization.
- Management of impact surveys and influencers.
- Management of clients / investors.
- Business France implements data processing only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- clients consent to the processing operations has been obtained.
- the existence of Business France legitimate interest, or that of a third party, which justifies that Business France implements this processing of personal data.
- the execution of a contract binding Business France to a client, partners, providers, or prospects requires that Business France implements this processing of personal data.
- statutory and regulatory obligations which require this processing of personal data.
Recipients of the data
- The personal data Business France collects, and those Business France obtained subsequently, are intended for Business France in its capacity as controller including its offices and representations abroad, some of which are located outside the European Union and for the French public program members (including French administrative Regions and Chambers of Commerce) supporting international development of the French economy.
- Business France ensures that only authorized persons have access to this data. Business France services providers and French public program members supporting international development of the French economy can be recipients of this data to perform the services they are entrusted to. Some personal data may be sent to third parties or to legally authorized authorities in order to meet Business France legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
- Personal data may be subject to a convergence, a mutualisation or a sharing between all Business France entities. Personal data may be communicated to these entities for the purposes referred to in this chapter. These operations are carried out on the basis of instruments that comply with applicable regulations and are capable of ensuring that clients, investors, influencers, partners, providers, or prospects rights are protected and respected.
Transfer and keeping period of data
- Business France transfers personal data to its offices and partners in European Union and outside European Union. Each of these transfers is governed by legal instruments that comply with the applicable legal framework:
- Switzerland benefits from an adequacy decision, which means that it offers personal data a level of protection equivalent to the one which is applied on the European Union territory.
- Transfers made to other countries (Japan, Cameroon, United states of America, Taiwan, Turkey, India, Australia, China, South Africa) are covered by the following appropriate safeguards: cross-border conventions.
- The periods for which Business France keep the personal data are proportionate to the purposes for which the data are collected. The personal data are kept in conformity with the necessary time for the purposes they are processed, that is for the contract period increased by the legal prescriptions, and also to ensure the respect of legal or regulatory requirements compulsory for Business France.
Rights on personal data
- Exercise of the rights:
A client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect (physical person) can exercise his rights justifying his identity by email to the following address :
or by post to the following address:
Délégué à la protection des données Business France,
77 boulevard Saint-Jacques - 75014 Paris - France,
Paris Tél. : 01 40 73 30 00
Etablissement public à caractère industriel et commercial – SIRET 451 930 051 00052 – APE 8413 Z www.businessfrance.fr
To do so, the client has to clearly indicate his surname and first name, the address he wants the reply to be sent and to join the copy of an identity document containing his signature. As a principle, the claimant can exercise freely all his rights. However, concerning the right of access, Business France may ask for the payment of reasonable fees based on the administrative costs for any copy of data required.
Concerning the right of information, Business will not have to answer it if the claimant has already the information he asks.
Business France will inform him if it cannot answer the requests.
The failure to provide information or modification of data can have consequences in the process of certain demands for the execution of contractual relations.
The request concerning the exercise of the claimant’s rights will be store for monitoring purposes.
- Right of information:
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect acknowledges that the present Charter provides him with information about the purposes, legal framework, interests, recipients or categories of recipients with whom his personal data were shared, and the possibility of a data transfer to a third country.
In addition to this information and with the aim of ensuring fair and transparent processing of data, the client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect further acknowledges that he has received additional information concerning:
- The period for which his personal data will be kept.
- The existence of the rights which are granted to him and the terms and conditions to exercise them.
If Business France decides to process data for purposes other than those indicated, all information relating to those new purposes will be communicated to the client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect.
- Right to access to and rectification of data:
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect has the right to access and rectify his personal data at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org In this respect, the client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect has the confirmation as to whether or not his personal data are being processed and where this is the case, access to his data and the following information :
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries.
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- The existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Where the personal data are not collected from the data subjects, any available information to their source.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and in this case, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect can ask Business France to, as the case may be, rectify or complete his personal data that are inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal or expired.
- Right to erasure and to restriction the data – right to object to data processing:
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect can ask Business France to erase his personal data where one of the following grounds applies :
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect withdraws the consent he has previously given.
- The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect object to the processing of his personal data and there is no legal reason for such processing.
- The processing of personal data does not comply with the provisions of the applicable legislation and regulations.
Nevertheless, the exercise of this right will not be possible when the retention of the personal data is necessary for compliance with statutory or regulatory provisions and in particular for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect may request restriction of processing of his personal data in the cases provided for by law and regulation.
The client, investor, influencer, partner, provider, or prospect has the right to object to the processing of his personal data when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller or on a necessary mission of public interest or on the exercise of official authority.