By expanding your European logistics in France, you will be able to capitalize on high-performance infrastructure, simplified administrative procedures and all the advantages of a multimodal regional hub with excellent connections worldwide.
Lying at the western tip of Europe, France is an essential gateway and preferred transit point for global exports.
France’s logistics sector boasts nearly 100,000 companies, employing over 1.8 million people and generating around €200 billion in annual revenues.
Cross-border trade for companies established in France is made easier by a national customs one-stop shop. This innovative approach helps make France the world’s best-performing economy for the length and cost of customs procedures.
A multimodal regional hub
France has proven infrastructure to facilitate trading with Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East:
- The largest road network in Europe, with more than 1 million km (620,000 miles) of roads, including 11,400 km (7,100 miles) of motorways.
- Five major port facilities with direct access to the Mediterranean. France has the longest coastline in Europe, spanning 5,000 km (3,100 miles).
- Europe’s largest network of navigable waterways, totaling nearly 8,500 km (5,300 miles).
- One of Europe’s best rail networks: the second largest network in Europe, covering 30,000 km (18,750 miles), and the second most extensive high-speed rail network.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle is Europe’s second busiest cargo and passenger airport, while Paris Le Bourget is its number one airport for business travel.
Alongside major French specialists like GEODIS, FM Logistics and STEF, many foreign companies have expanded in France, including UPS, DHL, FEDEX, China Railway, Maersk Group, Russian Railways and Kuehne + Nagel.
Companies making recent investments that endorse France’s strengths as a base for pan-European logistics include Australian group Brambles, Belgian firm 2XL and global e-commerce leader Amazon, which opened its fifth distribution center in 2017.
Opportunities and Benefits of Logistics in France
Optimize your supply chain at the heart of Europe