France is ranked 16th in the 2018 Global Innovation Index, which focuses on innovation as a growth engine.
Co-published by WIPO, Cornell University and Insead, the eleventh edition of the Global Innovation Index assesses the performance and capabilities of 126 countries in terms of innovation, driving growth and economic prosperity.
- Switzerland is ranked first, followed by the Netherlands, Sweden, the United Kingdom and Singapore.
- France is ranked 16th overall, and 10th in the EU.
- France is ranked 9th on the quality of innovation, thanks to its strong patents performance and the quality of its universities.
- Paris is ranked 9th for innovation clusters.
- France is ranked 10th in the infrastructure pillar, and 11th in the market development and human capital and research pillars.
To find out more, click here to read issue 4 of “Facts and Figures” (in French), by Business France.